21 feb 2013

Trying to be thin and all that shite

Hello beautiful people,
So I am back after a long break and I just want to share some of my life with you.
This, soon-to-be fashion blog, will also promote healthy life style and most importantly, love for yourself. 

I have struggled with eating disorders for several years now, and even though for the moment I can say I am recovered-ish, I am still aware that the bad voice in my head can come back anytime, so this blog will also focus in trying to keep me, and everyone else who is reading this that might struggle with the same issues, recovered. There will be a section, every week, about recovery, and the importance of it, because I really want to share that part of my life with you, I want to help others with my blog and get something good out of this very shitty disease. 

This is really big for me, and when I say big I mean HUGE. As you know, this is not the first blog I've ever had, but for the first time I am going public with my ED, and I am putting a face behind it, and so, since this is going to be the first post of many about eating disorders, I am just going to share my story. 

I basically got sick at the age of fourteen, back then I thought it was a game, harmless all of what I was doing to myself, and as soon as the diet was over, everything was going to go back to normal, as soon as I reached my "goal weight", it would all be in the past. However, I was never truly satisfied with my weight, and as time went by, the diet became more extreme and I became more depressed. What I thought was a diet that would only last a couple of months, took over my life, and months turned into years and in the blink of an eye, all my teenage years were gone and they all revolved around anorexia and bulimia. So, after years of abusing my body and going insane (and I mean it), I was forced into treatment and it was the scariest most wonderful thing I have ever done, and now, at almost 20 years old, I AM RECOVERED (ish). 

I will share more of my story later on, but for the moment, since I do not want to bore you all, I just want to say: 




Fuck anorexia, fuck bulimia, Fuck ED, Fuck diets, Fuck scales, Fuck thinspo, Fuck perfection. Dont fuck with yourself- chose recovery. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario